Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Walking Animation

The latest project I've made in Animation is a walking cycle. This was definitely the hardest, but also the most fun project I've done so far. One cool thing about this animation is that I actually drew the character by hand. I don't think that I'm any good at drawing, but when I scanned it in, my drawings looked fairly good, and the weirdness of the proportions actually worked for the project. After setting up the foot movement and moving my character (who is half pug, half butler) across the screen, I started messing with the other limbs to give the whole thing a sense of realism, applying the Principles of Animation, such as Squash and Stretch, to the head. I also made the arms swing slightly. All of these really subtle changes actually worked to make a somewhat natural-looking walk cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment