Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

First After Effects Animations

For the first two animations of the year, I started learning how to use After Effects. Last year, the only animations I made were in Photoshop, but I'm really loving AE. Before, I had to make frames for everything, but keyframes are really helpful to make animations longer than a few seconds. My first animation was just a bouncing ball, something I had done before. However, this time I was able to make the bounce look smoother and more realistic. The second animation was of a crawling worm, and it turned out even better. This was technically my first "character" animation, so I learned how to use puppet pins to move parts of the worm. It ended up pretty good, but if I took a bit more time, it could've probably done even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment