Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Snowflake Animation

For this snowflake animation, I learned even more about Maya, probably spending way too much time trying to make it look cool. I think it turned out pretty good; the snowflakes themselves look good, and the set I made kind of adds to the scene.

Making the snowflakes was probably the most fun part. Because they're all different, I made each one separately, and used the "soften edges" tool to make them look more realistic.

Since the background would've been solid black otherwise, I came up with the idea to make some ground outside to give the idea that the house is in a snowy field near some mountains (or maybe they're just low-poly hills). Another thing I added was the flickering effect of the light. I discovered that keyframes can be added onto other attributes, like a light's intensity, so I made it look more like a candle or fireplace. So, I think this is one of my better animations, definitely ones in Maya. The stuff I figured out should really help in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment