Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

"The Delivery" Animation

I have 1000 times more respect for every pro animator after this project. 2000 frames and 20 hours of work, and it's only a minute long. But I have learned so much from this, and it's my favorite project I've done in my 1 and a quarter years in e-Comm. This project taught me the process of making a story, from the ever-important storyboard, to the final rendering. In the actual production, I learned so many skills: from styling and the Pen tool in Photoshop, to Track Mattes in After Effects, I've gotten a lot better at both programs.

To make this project, I first had to plan out what I was going to do. I've actually had the initial concept for a while, but making the whole story work and writing a plot took a long time. It was also during the planning phase that I had my first problems, as coming up with all the elements of a story was hard to do for my idea.


 But after that, I got to work, trying as hard as I could to create and animate exactly what was going on in my head and on the storyboard. This
took so long, and I spent all my class time and more just trying to get it done.

What I've gotten done on it so far isn't completely what I really saw in my head, but I'm going to continue working on it, hopefully entering it into e-Magine later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment